Sport Northern Ireland Governance Improvement Programme
Sport Northern Ireland’s Governance Improvement Programme (GIP) is now open for applications.
GIP is a small investment programme developed, funded and managed by Sport Northern Ireland that aims to improve governance in sport.
The Governance Improvement Programme aims to assist projects that:
- Will enable governing bodies to improve how they govern and manage their sports
- Assist the governing bodies to be accountable to their members
- Safeguard and support volunteers in performing their duties for the organisation
Improved governance structures developed through the GIP should not be viewed as a guarantee or a mechanism to guarantee funding through future governing body investment programmes.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The small investment programme will be open to organisations recognised by Sport Northern Ireland as Governing Bodies for their sport which are NOT already receiving Investing in Performance Sport funding.
Eligible groups can apply for investment from £1,000 - £5,000. Please note all costs will be reviewed and applications that fall under the £1,000 threshold after review will be deemed ineligible.
Applicants can only apply for 1 award.
HOW TO APPLY:
Governing bodies will only be able to apply online to the Programme.
Governing bodies will also be required to submit the required number of quotes along with their application. Quotes are required as follows:
- 3 quotes to be provided for goods and services costing between £1000 and £1500
- 4 quotes to be provided for goods and services costing between £1500 and £5000
Applicants will be required to complete all sections of the application form.
All applications must be submitted no later than 4.00pm on Tuesday 1st November 2011.
All projects must take place and be fully invoiced on or before 31st March 2012
Applicants must be able to provide the following to be eligible to apply:
- A copy of the constitution/memorandum of articles of association of the governing body
- A copy of the signed annual accounts approved by the membership
- Details of a Bank account in the name of the organisation
Sport Northern Ireland will reserve the right to request the following information from applicants, either prior to making an award or at any time during the lifespan of an award:
- Child Protection Policy
- Equality Policy
- Anti-doping Policy
When applying, please refer to the Guidance Notes for further information.
Governing bodies of sport can apply for the Governance Improvement Programme by clicking on the appropriate link below: