06 November 2009
Sport Northern Ireland deliver a range of coach education workshops across Northern Ireland. These courses are organised by local authorities, governing bodies of sport, clubs, the education sector, or community organisations.
At present there are no courses coming up, please check back soon.
If you would like to attend a coach education course please contact your governing body of sport or local authority sports development team to enquire when they will be organising their next set of courses.
Sport Northern Ireland facilitate the following workshops -
Introduction to Coaching and Leadership
- What is Sports Coaching?
- How to Coach Sports Safely
- How to Coach Sports Effectively
- How to Coach Children in Sport
- Active Leadership
- Junior Leadership
Fundamental Movement and Developing Young Athletes/Participants
- Skills 4 Sport
- The Fundamentals of Balance
- The Fundamentals of Coordination
- The Fundamentals of Agility
- Coaching Children and Young People
Developing Your Coaching
- Coaching Methods and Communication
- Motivation and Mental Toughness
- Improving Practices and Skill
- Fitness and Training
- Planning and Periodisation
Planning, Management and Operating Standards
- Safeguarding Children and Young People in Sport
- Child Protection Designated Officer
- Junior Club Action Planning
- Equity in Your Sport
Download a guidance booklet giving Good Practice for Coaches and Volunteers.
For further information on coaching workshops, please contact Conor Cunning on 028 9038 1222.