sported. is the leading UK sport for development charity empowering community groups to improve the lives of disadvantaged young people through sport and providing a voice for the sport for development sector.
We now have over 120 members across Northern Ireland and these include sports clubs, community groups and youth groups. A number of our member groups have now been awarded a small grant to support them in their work with 11-25 year olds using sport for development and others are receiving support from one of our volunteer mentors. In order to access our support groups must be members of sported.
Becoming a Member of sported is free and you can apply online for membership at www.sported.org.uk Once accepted, Member organisations can access a whole range of services that will assist them to develop their organisation. These exclusive services are:
- Being part of the sported. network - you will be part of a network of like-minded and inspirational organisations all working to achieve the same outcomes for young people. This will allow you to keep track of other projects going on in your area and share information with fellow sported. Members.
- Member newsletters - you will receive both a monthly national newsletter and a quarterly regional newsletter with important and exciting updates about sported. and our services, as well as all our fantastic membership benefits.
- Online resources - you will gain access to a wide range of business focused “How-to Guides” and templates, designed to help our Members in every aspect of their organisation.
- Insurance scheme - our bespoke partnership with Lockton Affinity ensures that our Members are able to save large sums of money on their insurance needs.
- Skilled volunteers - If you have a question you can’t answer, want to plan for the future, or would like to improve an area of your organisation, you will have the opportunity to be supported by a member of our team whose expertise matches your needs. Our experienced volunteers can work with you to develop areas such as your planning, strategy, funding and finance or marketing and PR for an agreed sustained time.
- Training and networking events - from time to time sported. run training events to meet specific needs identified by our Members. We also work closely with partners to offer additional events and training.
- Information and advice on funding - there is a range of external funding available for Members to apply for, your Area Manager and our volunteer team will help to signpost you to the most appropriate source of funding for your organisation.
- sported. grants - sported. run two grant schemes; your Area Manager and our volunteer team will signpost you to the most appropriate grant scheme for your organisation.
Groups interested in becoming Members must be working with young people aged 11-25 and use sport for development. Sport for development outcomes include: developing the confidence, workplace and life skills of young people; reducing crime and anti-social behaviour; promoting inclusion; building strong communities; and education in health and wellbeing.
Our skilled volunteer programme is now rolling out across Northern Ireland and we are now looking for volunteers particularly in County Antrim and County Derry/l’Derry. sported. Volunteers can support groups with a range of organisational development issues including including strategic planning; business planning; writing funding applications; finance and marketing.