The Multi-Facility Fund is a new capital grants programme managed and administered by Sport Northern Ireland. The programme is financed by National Lottery funds.
The proposed aims of the capital investment programme are:
- To partially address identified sports facility deficits;
- To positively contribute to targets outlined in The Northern Ireland Strategy for Sport and Physical Recreation (2009-2019) – Sport Matters;
- To positively contribute to objectives of Sport Northern Ireland’s Corporate Plan.
The Multi-Facility Fund will prioritise projects that:
- Create a multi-facility environment (with a mixture of indoor and / or outdoor provision). Sport NI defines ‘multi-facility’ as:
“Four or more different sports facility types located on a single site.”
An example of a multi-facility project could include a natural turf pitch; synthetic pitch, sports hall, and a fitness suite.
- Address identified sports facility deficits.
- Can demonstrate consultation/support from three or more Sport NI recognised Governing Bodies of Sport and deliver against their local priorities.
- Have a long-term sustainable sports development plan which details programmed activity, aimed at significantly increasing participation.
Who can apply?
Applications are open to:
- Voluntary sports clubs
- Voluntary/community sector organisations
- * Schools/education authorities on behalf of schools (only if the applicant has demonstrated evidence of proposed community use and suitable operational management arrangements for out of school hours usage);
- Governing bodies of sport;
- Companies limited by guarantee; and
* Applications received from schools/education authorities on behalf of schools must be made in the name of the landowner.
What is the maximum award?
Grants range from £100,000 to £1,000,000.
The indicative programme budget will be c£6.75m.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS WILL OPEN ON 1 MARCH 2018
Completed application forms must be submitted to Sport Northern Ireland no later than Thursday 29 March 2018 at 4pm.
Select from the options below to apply.
The application process will go live on 1 March 2018.
(For applicants who have already started an application form.)
- Multi Facility Fund – Information Sessions – Presentation
- Information and Guidance Notes
- Technical Guidance
Sport Northern Ireland will be hosting a number of information sessions throughout Northern Ireland from week commencing 19 February 2018 to inform potential applicants of the details of the programme.
Details are provided below. Please register your attendance by clicking on the relevant venue below.
|House of Sport, Belfast||Monday 19th February||7.00 – 7.45pm|
|House of Sport, Belfast||Monday 19th February||8.00 – 8.30pm|
|Tollymore Outdoor Centre, Newcastle||Tuesday 20 th February||7.00 – 9.00pm|
|Ballymena Showgrounds, Ballymena||Wednesday 21st February||7.00 – 9.00pm|
|Roe Valley Leisure Centre, Limavady||Monday 26th February||7.00 – 9.00pm|
|Lakeland Forum, Fermanagh||Wednesday 28th February||Cancelled (to be rescheduled)|
For further information on the Multi-Facility Fund please contact Sport Northern Ireland’s Capital team on 028 9038 1222 or via email email@example.com