Safety Officer Training
Sport Northern Ireland funded two phases of training for Safety Officers at designated sports groups. Safety Officers received a day’s training in the following areas:
1. Assessment and Risk Management in Spectator Safety Management
2. Developing Working Relationships
3. Planning for the Safety of Spectators
4. Understanding Crowd Dynamics and Calculating Safe Capacities
5. Operational Preparedness and Decision Making
Safety Officer Training Programmes Available
In 2010, Sport Northern Ireland delivered Safety Officer Training to 41 people with a further, 19 people being trained in 2011.
A further phase of Safety Officer Training may be funded in 2013; Sport Northern Ireland is currently assessing the demand to offer the above training to Safety Officers of designated sports grounds.