Sport Northern Ireland Recruitment
Sport Northern Ireland currently have no vacancies
Other jobs in sport
Northern Ireland Commonwealth Games Team - Chief Medical Officer
Expression of interest form can be downloaded here
Expression of Interest by 5pm on Friday 28th August 2020
British Gymnastics is looking for experienced safeguarding officers, case workers or investigators to help us with our currently high level of safeguarding and disciplinary casework; available for an immediate start for an initial contract of 6 months. Our safeguarding service is rated 5/5 ‘Very Good’ by CPSU, the Child Protection in Sport Unit of NSPCC.
- Conducting and supporting safeguarding/disciplinary investigations: Receiving and recording complaints/allegations involving the spectrum of offences or conduct matters, conducting enquiries either by visit, email or via telephone, obtaining witness accounts, interviewing respondents, liaising and coordinating with external statutory agencies, other affiliated organisations, the network of Welfare Officers and British Gymnastics regions and clubs.
- Risk assessing cases and highlight any potential legislative and/or British Gymnastics regulatory implications applying/advising caution where appropriate.
- Co-ordinating information sharing with key stakeholders and providing them with regular updates and relevant details of outcomes.
- Preparing detailed, clear response letters/reports in connection with the outcomes of cases.
- For further details please refer to the role profile
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- A comprehensive knowledge of legislation affecting child/adult protection, equality and youth participation.
- Able to make tough decisions and to prioritise activities.
- Great interpersonal, communication, negotiation and consultative skills at all levels.
- Effective IT skills.
- Experience and formal qualifications/training in Child Protection/Safeguarding and/or as a minimum, should have recognised national Safeguarding and Awareness training.
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
To apply, please upload a copy of your CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the role.
Please note: your CV and covering letter will need to be uploaded as one document.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on 16th August 2020
Interview date: 1st September 2020
Further information can be found here