The development of athletes/players to achieve higher levels of performance is also dependent on personal coach development in increasing their knowledge and understanding of higher levels of competition. Coaches on the programme may be eligible for:
- Coach development opportunities outside of their sport e.g. Practitioner Development Programme;
- Continuing support from their Swim Ireland/Swim Ulster coach education programme;
- Exposure to and direct involvement with a variety of coaching techniques and philosophies; and
- Coaching forums to maximise discussion between lead coaches, personal coaches, Swim Ireland, and Swim Ulster coaches.
Sport Northern Ireland will work with North Down Borough Council and delivery partners to:
- Develop an integrated and aligned talent development system with Governing Bodies of Sport that embraces the PDC programme within the athlete/player pathway;
- Agree with Swim Ireland/Swim Ulster entry criteria, selection standards, including a de-selection policy for athletes; and
- Support Swim Ulster and partners in identifying athletes who can benefit from the PDC programme.