COVID Safe Sport Pack
Thursday 17th December 2020
Sport NI, in partnership with the Department for Communities, will today reopen the COVID Safe Sport Pack Programme for expressions of interest from eligible organisations who have not previously applied to receive a pack. The programme aims to assist Sports organisations with their management of the ease of lockdown and a safe return to sport during the COVID-19 pandemic.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS WILL BE FRIDAY 29TH JANUARY 2021 AT 4.00PM
Who we can support
Any organisation that has a primary role in delivering sport and physical recreation can apply to our fund to request a Covid Safe Sport equipment pack.
These organisations include:
- Governing Body of Sport recognised by Sport NI (with an office base in NI)
- Constituted local sports clubs affiliated to a Governing Body of Sport recognised by Sport NI
- Community & Voluntary sector organisations that deliver or enable sport and/or physical recreation as their primary activity. Sports and Activities must be recognised by Sport NI.
- Registered NI charities that deliver or enable sport and/or physical recreation as their primary activity. Sports and Activities must be recognised by Sport NI.
A list of recognised Governing Bodies and sporting activities is available here
What we’ll provide
Clubs and sports organisations will receive a Covid Safe Sport pack containing:
i. Disinfectant Wipes
ii. Hand sanitiser
iii. Face masks
v. Fluid repellent apron
vi. Face shield
vii. Return to Sport Signage Pack –
- Return to Sport Protocol Information (Signposting to current guidelines)
- Circular Stickers x 20 – Simply stating ‘Remind Social Distance’
- Sport NI Covid-19 Durable Posters
How much we’ll provide
Initially there will be up to 2,500 packs to distribute, allocated on a first come first served basis.
When will it be delivered?
We anticipate that delivery of Covid Safe Sport Packs will commence at the end of November.
Covid Safe Sport packs will be delivered in partnership with Ulster Supported Employment Ltd. (USEL).
How to apply?
You can apply by clicking on the link: COVID Safe Pack
Help and Advice
If you need help or if you have any questions please contact:
Angharad Bunt 07810 183 023 or Mike McClure 07976 468 914