The Sports Institute – Sport Northern Ireland’s High Performance Centre that delivers expert, specialist support to Northern Ireland’s top athletes and coaches.
The Sports Institute works across a range of Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Games sports along with a select number of sports that are important to the public in Northern Ireland including GAA, Golf, Cricket, Motor Sports, Rugby, and Soccer.
The Sports Institute provides direct support in line with the Sporting Winners strategic objective: ‘To help more Northern Ireland athletes win at the highest level’.
Staff deliver high performance sport expertise to athletes, coaches and sports through the provision of services:
- Performance Planning
- Performance Science
- Performance Analysis
- Performance Nutrition
- Performance Skills
- Performance Lifestyle
- Sport Medicine
- Soft Tissue Management
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Strength and Conditioning
The Sports Institute is based at the Jordanstown campus of the University of Ulster. Staff also deliver restricted services to supported athletes at Performance Development Centres based at:
- Belfast – St Mary’s University College, 191 Falls Road, Belfast, BT12 6FE
- Cookstown – Cookstown, County Tyrone, BT80 8SG
- Lisburn – 12 Lisburn Leisure Park, Lisburn, County Antrim, BT28 1LP
- Bangor – Aurora Sports Centre, 3 Valentine Rd, Bangor, County Antrim, BT20 4TH
There is also some limited delivery from its Coleraine base at the Ulster University.