Sport Northern Ireland is required to continually monitor both the use and impact of its investment in order to:
- Ensure that investment has been used for the purposes for which it was awarded;
- Measure the extent to which investment is producing the intended project outcomes;
- Determine if a project has achieved its agreed targets;
- Identify projects which have encountered problems and assist in resolving difficulties;
- Identify examples of good practice;
- Examine the impact of its investment on wider areas of sports development; and
- Safeguard its reputation as a responsible distributor of grants.
In order to measure the impact of, and understand how, Sport Northern Ireland’s Investing in Performance Sport (IIPS) investment is contributing to the establishment of a world class performance sport system in Northern Ireland; Sport Northern Ireland has chosen a series of key performance indicators (KPIs).
Further details of the 18 KPIs are available in the Monitoring Guide (PDF 2.82MB).
To assist with the collection and recording of information Sport Northern Ireland has developed an online monitoring database - the Performance Information Monitoring System (PIMS) which IIPS funded organisations will be required to update on a continuous basis.
Users must have a username and password to access PIMS.
A manual has been developed to support the use of PIMS and is available to download soon.
Sport Northern Ireland will also provide training for identified governing body personnel/staff.
For further information please contact Andrea McKittrick on 028 9038 1222 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org